- NIST updates Cybersecurity Framework after a decade of lessons
- Odysseus probe moonwalking on the edge of battery life after landing on its side
- Intel urges businesses to undergo AI PC facelift with vPro update
- FAA gives SpaceX a bunch of homework to do before Starship flies again
- Boffins caution against allowing robots to run on AI models
- Apple Vision Pro rentals take China by storm ahead of official release
- Microsoft's February Windows 11 security update unravels at 96% for some users
- 40k servers, 400k CPUs and 40 PB of storage later… welcome to Google Cloud
- Capita wins uncontested extension to mega millions Northern Ireland Education contract
- ESA's ERS-2 satellite began to come apart earlier than predicted
BBC Technology News
- Pokémon Day reveal reignites Switch 2 rumours
News about the next game in the popular Nintendo series gets fans talking about its next console.
- PlayStation to axe 900 jobs and close London studio
The layoffs are the latest to hit the tech sector, which has seen big cutbacks worldwide since 2023.
- Elon Musk eats humble pie over unpaid bakery bill
The world's richest man steps in after his car firm Tesla U-turned on a request for 4,000 pies.
- More music leaving TikTok over Universal row
At first artists signed to the label were removed, but now writers are being taken off the platform.
- Why firms are racing to produce green ammonia
Ammonia is essential for fertiliser production but producing it is carbon intensive.
- Meta forms team to stop AI from tricking voters
The owner of Facebook and Instagram says the group will tackle AI content in the June 2024 EU elections.
- Work to do on smart mouthguards – Townsend
Scotland head coach Gregor Townsend says "more work" is required to make smart mouthguards "correct" after an alert prompted the temporary withdrawal of prop Zander Ferguson against England.
- Oprah and Nigella deepfaked in influencer 'manifestation' ads
Piers Morgan and Oprah have criticised the use of AI deepfake ads used to promote a "manifestation" guide.
- AI chip firm Nvidia valued at $2tn
Booming business at Nvidia sees investors bet the AI revolution will live up to its "hype".
- Google denies Gmail is shutting down after viral hoax
The tech giant says its email service is 'here to stay' after a hoax picked up 7m views on social media.
End of support for Dilbert
Dilbert RSS feed support has ended, due to relating to its author.